From: dante <dante@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Encrypted root filesystem
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:23:04
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 A few days ago I saw some discussion on this list about setting up an
4 encrypted root filesystem in gentoo using LUKS. I've been setting up
5 systems with encrypted root for over a year now (x86 and amd68 systems),
6 but I've been writing my own linuxrc, statically compiling all the
7 necessary utilities, contructing initrd.gz and configuring the kernel
8 manually. Its a lot of work, but doing things manually gives me more
9 confidence in what's going on. I've written a howto. Here's the link:
10
11 http://www.virtualblueness.net/~blueness/encryptedroot/
12
13 People on this list might be interested. I'd appreciate any critiques.
14
15 Anthony G. Basile
16 Chair Information Technology
17 D'Youville College