From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:12:00
1 On 16/01/16 06:17, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm considering allowing some employees to work from home but I'm
3 > concerned about the security implications. Currently everybody shows up
4 > and logs into their locked down Gentoo system and from there is able to
5 > access the company webapps which are restricted to the office IP
6 > address. I guess I would have to allow webapp access from any IP for
7 > those users and trust that their computer is secure? Should that not be
8 > scary?
9
10 I've set up such systems using OpenVPN, as others have suggested.
11
12 One thing to look out for, is to make sure that the setup only tunnels
13 traffic to your servers, not ALL traffic. Otherwise, all traffic from
14 your people is going to be tunneled through your network (Netflix,
15 torrents, porn, everything else your people are doing at home.)