From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox : strange site blockage
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 06:00:23
1 Recently suffering an infection, I left my machine logged in for 14 days ;
2 during that time, I did a couple of eix-sync's + system updates.
3 Yesterday feeling sufficiently better, I shut it down when going to bed.
4 Today, I restarted with no apparent problem & read the news via Firefox.
5
6 Then I tried to do a search for 'Thomas Telford' with the default Google :
7 nothing happened nor when I substituted Wikipedia in the search-engine box ;
8 OTOH in that box DuckDuckGo successfully found the Wikipedia entry.
9 I also tried my bookmark for Wikipedia, which also refuses to work.
10 The only hint I have is 1 "URL not found" report.
11
12 Vivaldi finds both Google & Wikipedia without any problem.
13 All the other usual newspapers etc come up as usual :
14 only those 2 fail to appear when using Firefox.
15 I've checked for cookie blockers, but there's no related entry,
16 nor anything in AdBlockPlus.
17
18 To keep the older Tab sorting system, I still FF 38.8.0 ,
19 but there has been no other problem with it since I installed it 160716.
20
21 Can anyone suggest what might have happened ?
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca