From: Lavender <lavender_matrix@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re:Re: [gentoo-user] Who can tell me relationship among dri,glx,mesa,xorg?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:30:38
1 At 2011-12-15 03:24:20,"Michael Schreckenbauer" <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
2 >Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2011, 14:22:47 schrieb Lavender:
3 >> Now I'm totally confused, I can't find helpful information from Internet.
4 >> I know mesa is a open source implementation of OpenGL, obviously
5 >> mesa will afford OpenGL API. DRI is short for Direct Rendering
6 >> Infrastructure, I have chosen options like:
7 >> Device Drivers --->
8 >> Graphics support --->
9 >> <*> Direct Rendering Manager --->
10 >
11 >this is DRM. This one manages allocation of memory for video devices.
12 >
13 >> <*> ATI Radeon
14 >> [*] Enable modesetting on radeon by default
15 >>
16 >> Does this mean that DRI libraries are built into kernel?
17 >
18 >No.
19 >
20 >> If not, who
21 >> contains DRI? Also who affords GLX libraries? Mesa or Xorg?
22 >
23 >DRI is part of mesa. Mesa also provides the GLX libraries.
24 >
25 >Best,
26 >Michael
27 >
28 Thanks and I wish you could help answer this question.Now I know Mesa provides DRI and GLX, when I installed xorg-server,there're also libraries named like libdri.so and libglx.so in /etc/X11/....(somewhere).What I don't understand is, why Xorg-server still provides its own DRI and GLX while Mesahas done this already?