From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel(R) C600 SAS Controller
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:20:54
1 Am 11.06.2014 13:01, schrieb thegeezer:
2
3 > yeah this is very very odd.
4 > firstly there should not be such discrepancy between hdparm -t and dd if=
5 > secondly you would imagine that the first dd would be cached and so
6 > would be faster the second time round
7 > please check for the turbo boost disable, i'll have a closer look at the
8 > cgroups
9
10 no turbo boost found.
11
12 only a powermanagement menu ... I disabled it again.
13
14 It was disabled per default, other options are "efficient" and "custom"
15 ... so I understand it as "performant" when it is disabled.
16
17 "custom" brings several options then, I had tried the performant options
18 already without success.
19
20 Right now I get around 18-20 MB/s for the /dev/null test.