From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing gentoo using systemrescuecd and wifi
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 21:21:11
1 On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:14:27 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > > I used eeXbuntu to install mine.
4
5 > OK, I'll try it. First some questions?
6 >
7 > Is eeeXbuntu an install/live distro?
8
9 Yes,with a script to copy it from CD to USB stick.
10
11 > Was there any wifi issues? Must have wifi throughout the process.
12
13 I can't remember, I may have used a wired connection for the install.
14
15 > Do you use an SD card? If so, are there issues with regard to r/w times
16 > as compared to an SSHD?
17
18 I don't install to an SD card, I'm not comfortable with the limited write
19 cycles, I only use mine for non-critical storage.
20
21 > How much space does it require? I've got 4G available but I'd like to
22 > have, say a Gig free. See above.
23
24 I you only have Xandros installed, you should have 16GB available, You'll
25 certainly fit it in 4G, probably 3. A basic *buntu install doesn't take up
26 that much space.
27 >
28 > I've been looking at eeebuntu-base2.0. Do you know enough to compare
29 > them?
30
31 No.
32
33 I only use eeXubuntu because it was there, easy to run from a USB stick
34 and had everything I needed to use my computer and install Gentoo at the
35 same time.
39 Neil Bothwick
40
41 When the going gets tough, upgrade.