From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --buildpkg --unmerge
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:18:53
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 18:46 on Friday 29 October 2010, Fatih Tümen
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Is there a way tell portage to build binary package before removing it
7 > from the system?
8 >
9 > man emerge says:
10 > --buildpkg (-b)
11 > Tells emerge to build binary packages for all ebuilds
12 > processed in addition to actually **merging** the packages.
13 > [...]
14 > An alternative for already-merged packages is to use
15 > quickpkg(1) which creates a tbz2 from the live filesystem.
16 >
17 > I have about 20 packages to unmerge or remerge with new use flags. But
18 > I want to keep binary copies (with old use settings) before unmerging
19 > them. Unfortunately I did not have buildpkg in FEATURES at the time of
20 > emerging them. Doing this now by hand sounds kinda fatigue unless...
21 > the output of --pretend was parsable so I do what I want by..
22 >
23 > for pkg in ${PKGS}; do quickpkg --include-config\=y $pkg; done
24 >
25 > or by something better?
26 >
27 > Thanks for ideas in advance.
28 > --
29 > Fatih
32 Write a wrapper script around quickpkg and emerge.
33
34 And set buildpkg in FEATURES so this doesn't happen again :-)
39 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com