From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help interpreting logs from locale-gen
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:42:18
1 On Tuesday 21 November 2006 04:10, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
2 > I haven't had much experience with locale.gen and locales.build. Is there
3 > any advice or docs that I can use to read up on this subject so that I
4 > don't get these logs?
5 >
6 > -[ RECORD 88 ]---------------------------------
7 > stmp | 2006-11-08 06:14:26-08
8 > procname | locale-gen
9 > message | Automatically importing locales from /etc/locales.build ...
10 > -[ RECORD 89 ]---------------------------------
11 > stmp | 2006-11-08 06:14:26-08
12 > procname | locale-gen
13 > message | You really should do this yourself ...
14 >
15 > -[ RECORD 90 ]---------------------------------
16 > stmp | 2006-11-08 06:14:26-08
17 > procname | locale-gen
18 > message | You should upgrade your /etc/locales.build to /etc/locale.gen
19
20 Hmm.. Perhaps it would be easier if you would just show us the output of:
21
22 # egrep -H -v '^$|^#' /etc/locales.build /etc/locale.gen
23
24 # locale-gen
27 Bo Andresen