From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: PORTDIR default - changing PORTDIR variable
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:47:59
1 On 2013-12-04 5:44 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:43:54 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >
4 >> Do I need to re-run layman now to point it to the new repo locations?
5 >
6 > You need to edit /etc/layman/layman.cfg to change the storage setting.
7
8 Thanks Neil... I actually did that, but I also stupidly copy/pasted the
9 new PORTDIR_OVERLAY line, and left them BOTH in make.conf...
10
11 Duh...
12
13 Once I commented out the old one, eix-sync worked fine with no errors...
14
15 Then I mv'd the old /usr/portage dir, did an emerge -pvuDN world, and
16 discovered one more thing that must be done after moving PORTDIR...
17
18 You must reset your profile link, which is broken after mv'ing the old
19 /usr/portage dir.
20
21 eselect profile set 1 (in my case)
22
23 Thanks to all for helping me with this and prepping for merging /usr
24 back into / (this was part of that, to reduce the amount of stuff to
25 copy, and to give me a little more free space on / after the move).
26
27 Looking forward to getting this done and moving on with my life,,, ;)