From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] "auto-config" of new gentoo-sources?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:53:32
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I noticed one thing so I want to ask if it is a coincidence
4 or intentional behaviour. It concerns "installation" of kernel
5 sources (more exactly gentoo-sources).
6
7 When I installed Gentoo on new computer I followed oficial guide.
8 So I emerged gentoo-sources, went through "make menuconfig",
9 configured everything I needed, compiled kernel, installed, etc.
10
11 Now the funny thing: When I update sources (like now, 3.7.9)
12 and go through "make menuconfig" again (this time in new tree),
13 there is nearly nothing to do, except a few new features.
14 It looks like they are "pre-configured" exactly for me! :-)
15
16 So my question is: how is this possible? Is maybe ".config"
17 file from the old sources-tree copied to new sources-tree?
18 Or is the actual configuration of running kernel somehow
19 detected and ".config" file generated?
20
21 Just curious, because I think it was not always this way.
22
23 Jarry
24 --
26 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
27 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.