From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 16:23:48
1 I have a photive BT speaker that I've used successfully with plasma on
2 my Artix laptop.  I can test later with my Gentoo desktop to confirm.  I
3 don't remember if you use pulseaudio or not, but if so, I'd check
4 pavucontrol to see if it also thinks that device is active and being
5 used by whatever app is producing the sound, and also that the volume
6 meter is showing any output.
7
8 Probably not relevant to you, but I've recently solved a long-standing
9 problem with audio (not just BT, also wired, but mostly with the mic)
10 where my system monitor (gkrellm, and specifically its gkrellmss plugin)
11 had grabbed the audio device, so although pavucontrol saw that the
12 device existed, it couldn't actually do anything with it, and the volume
13 meter didn't even show up.  Solved in the short term by just disabling
14 that plugin.
15
16 Jack
17