From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Tcl in your system...
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:12:40
1 Albert W. Hopkins wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 11:33 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 >> Just wondering if anyone here ever use Tcl for scripting (i.e.,
5 >> automating repetitive procedures) or even *gasp* serious programming.
6 >
7 > At a previous job we had licensed some software that was written in
8 > TCL.. and even had an API for the system. I can't recall the name of
9 > the software at the moment, but it was very specialized so not cheap.
10 > This was during the late 90s/early 2000s.
11 >
12 > I have no idea if the company is still around of if they still sell the
13 > software or if it's still tcl-based (my memory fails me).
14
15 Vignette? Was at that time a major player in CMS market ;-)
16 Acquired by OpenText in 2009.
17
18 - Jörg