From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql on a chrooted env
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:35:46
1 On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:17:00 +0000
2 Luu Danh Hieu wrote:
3
4 > 2008/1/29, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > my pc has died, so I'm trying to take all data from the disk...
8 > > I have it connected via usb, and I'm in a chrooted env on the old
9 > > system.
10 > [snip]
11 >
12 > Hello,
13 >
14 > It might be better if you copy over the files in /var/lib/mysql rather
15 > than starting the SQL server and dumping it, since you already have an
16 > offline SQL server, and offline servers are the easiest to backup.
17 Well, I did it, but got some problems (which I've already solved)...
18
19 but I was wondering how to solve my originakl problem..
20
21 > Have a look at [1].
22 >
23 > [1] : http://www.linux.com/feature/62177
24 Thanks for the link!!!
27 > Good luck.
28 >
29 > Hieu Luu Danh
30 Thank you very much!
33 Arnau Bria
34 http://blog.emergetux.net
35 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity
36 --
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list