From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confusing boot up messages
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:51:50
1 On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:20:04 -0700, gentuxx wrote:
2
3 > >> Yeah, baselayout was one of the packages updated.
4 > >
5 > > From what to what? genlop will tell you. If it was a path level
6 > > update, it is unlikely anything has changed significantly in the
7 > > configs.
8 > >
9 > - From v1.11.15-r3 to v1.12.4-r2. How do I know if it was a "path level
10 > update"?
11
12 Sorry, typo. I meant to type "patch level upgrade", as in pkg-x.y.z-r1 to
13 pkg-x.y.z-r4.
14
15 There were some significant changes between baselayout 1.11 and 1.12, this
16 is probably the cause of the problems.
17
18 > > If you know which services were affected but didn't catch the exact
19 > > messages, try stopping and starting them manually so the output
20 > > doesn't get buried in all the other startup information. Setting
21 > > RC_VERBOSE="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc may help.
24 > The config files were accepted. There didn't appear to be any
25 > significant changes which would have caused something like this. I'll
26 > try the RC_ setting and see if that provides any more clues.
27
28 It should do, with some scripts at least, but starting the services
29 manually will also let you see what's going on.
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 DCE seeks DTE for mutual exchange of data.