From: patrizius <patrizius@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-user] install gentoo via ssh
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:51:24
1 I installed Gentoo on two remote machines using ssh, because I didn't want
2 to freeze to death in the server room. Also the noise pollution there is
3 tremendous, because of all the fans and the SCSI hdds. So I decided to
4 perform the actual installation process from somewhere else. And it worked
5 perfectly! I just booted both machines using the gentoo live cd, and started
6 the ssh servers.
7 You can do just about anything via ssh. Plus, you don't have to sit there
8 and wait while the system is compiling or downloading, since you can just
9 minimize the console window and keep on working/surfing/playing.
10
11 Is this like what you want to do?
12
13 Greetings,
14 Patrizius
18 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
19 Von: Alexander Skwar [mailto:listen@×××××××××××××××.name]
20 Gesendet: Montag, 22. Mai 2006 15:43
21 An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
22 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-user] install gentoo via ssh
23
24 Marco Calviani wrote:
25 > Hi list,
26 > i would like to know if anyone have had experiences in installing
27 > gentoo on a remote machine using ssh. Is it possible?
28
29 I'm not quite sure what you mean with that.
30
31 I installed Gentoo on my server. To do so, I first booted a
32 "rescue system" which was loaded over a netboot. After the
33 boot, I logged into the server using SSH and followed the
34 documentation.
35
36 Does that answer your question?
37