From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: * WARNING: sshd is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:31:03
1 Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2 > As fas as I understand it, this messages means, that the start of
3 > net.eth0 is backgrounding, because it can take some ticks. The next
4 > init-prozess is starting immediately afterward, before net.eth0 is up.
5 > If a init-process is started, before net.eth0 is up (in your case sshd),
6 > than it will go in the background, too, and waits, until net.eth0 is up
7 > and then it will start. Going in the background and waiting generates
8 > the "schedule" message.
9 >
10 > Since I put this stuff together on my own, I do not know, if it is
11 > correct. Can anyone confirm this?
12 >
13 > Cheers
14 > Marc
17 Yes. I had a similar or the same output when there was a faulty netplugd
18 here which was preventing eth0 to start. Then not only ssh but all the
19 services that depend on eth0 were giving this "schedule" message. I was
20 running my eth manually until I found the problem with after I got help
21 here from this mailing list.
22 Actually I think that OP's problem is eth0, not sshd but I'm just
23 guessing because I haven't enough info.
26 Best regards,
27 Daniel
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list