From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Intel NUC install -- no display on OLED TV
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 18:17:03
1 Am 05.09.2014 um 16:51 schrieb Grant:
2 > I have a Gigabyte 2807 (technically not a NUC but basically the same
3 > thing) and nothing appears on the screen at all when it is connected
4 > to a 55" OLED TV via HDMI. Just a "no signal" message. I was planning
5 > to install Gentoo via a bootable USB stick but I don't even get a POST
6 > screen.
7 >
8 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856164017
9 >
10 > Any ideas? I've gotten my Pandaboard to display 640x480 on the TV.
11 > Maybe the TV can only display 640x480 and 1920x1080? Maybe I need to
12 > buy a computer monitor for installation?
13
14 I read about outdated BIOS-versions and the need/fix to connect
15 something via DisplayPort and enter BIOS once ... to "reset" things or
16 something.
17
18 I don't have such a box ... just echoing something I read (as I play
19 with the thought to buy a Intel NUC-Kit D34010WYK for use as a
20 mythtv-frontend).
21
22 As your issue isn't gentoo-specific afaik I would recommend browsing
23 Gigabyte support forums or docs ... ?
24
25 Stefan