From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choosing between system profiles: hardened and desktop for desktop installation.
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 06:17:54
1 On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:12 AM, Ста Деюс <sthu.deus@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > I'm new to Gentoo, and before new installation on my PC, keep trying to
5 > choose between system profiles. I want to use the PC as desktop, but am
6 > concerned on security and minimalism. So, I would like to use the
7 > hardened profile and then add the desktop packages, namely openbox w/o
8 > any X-session managers -- just logging in w/ text console and then
9 > startx.
10 >
11 > So, is my setup wise, or i miss something because do not know something
12 > on the distro. regarding this points of installation?
13 >
14 > Thank you for your time,
15 > Sthu.
18 You should select the hardened profile and then install the desktop
19 related packages you want manually. Everything should work by default.
20 If you want to use SELinux, the default policies available assume you
21 are using a login manager.
22