From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:22:38
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 May 2011 06:58:20 +0100, Mick wrote:
5 >>> I'm beginning to think that openrc goes back to the "old" Linux way.
6 >>> In other words, it uses the init levels instead of softlevels.
7 >>>
8 >> Yes, this seems to be the case, although not in a clear way (otherwise
9 >> why is softlevel=nonetwork working?)
10 >>
11 > man rc describes the built in runlevels and goes on to say "You should
12 > not call any of these runlevels yourself". So maybe this is a design
13 > decision rather than a bug, it would explain why a custom runlevel works.
18 So do I need to create a runlevel called dalesboot and then just put the
19 same stuff in it as is in the normal boot level? I have to say, that is
20 weird. A runlevel should be used by both the system and available to
21 the user as well.
22
23 Did I mention I can go to a console and use rc boot and it works? It's
24 just when it comes from grub that it doesn't work.
25
26 Dale
27