From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] layman config file setup?
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 09:10:38
1 On Sunday, 10 March 2019 01:01:47 GMT Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > My apologies for wasting everybody's time.
3
4 No problem, posting and thinking it through is part of troubleshooting! ;-)
5
6 We've all been there.
9 > I think that I
10 > misinterpreted https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Layman and did a mix of the
11 > config method for both version 2.1.0 and later as well as versions prior
12 > to 2.1.0 Needless to say, the system was badly confused.
13 >
14 > I removed all overlays, unmerged layman, removed all directories/files
15 > related to layman, and the entry in make.conf. Then I did a fresh
16 > install...
17 >
18 > emerge layman
19 > layman -S
20 > layman -a palemoon
21 >
22 > It works fine now.
23
24 Retracing one's steps can help identifying mistakes, but the thing with layman
25 is there were a number of overlapping and confusing changes. Given layman is
26 a means to an end, rather than a destination, absorbing oneself in all the
27 config changes is more of an obstacle than part of an enjoyable experience. :p
30 Regards,
31 Mick