From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server update: Keyboard and mouse dead
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 22:11:27
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > BTW, is evdev usable already? Some time ago I have tried it, but have not
3 > found (or didn't understand) alternatives for
4 >
5 > Option "Sensitivity" "0.25"
6 >
7 > for mouse, and
8 >
9 > Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys)"
10 > Option "XkbOptions" "grp:menu_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
11 >
12 > for keyboard. The only way to make x11 work properly was to unmerge evdev at
13 > all and use "old way" approach.
14 >
15 I believe you have to continue to use "the old way" for specifying
16 special options.
17
18 One thing that has been an issue recently is Xorg by default marking
19 AllowEmptyInput as true, which leaves this gem in the Xorg log:
20
21 (WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd' or 'mouse' will
22 be disabled.
23 (WW) Disabling Mouse0
24 (WW) Disabling Keyboard0
25
26 If you do not have evdev and this is enabled, your mouse and keyboard
27 are disabled. Adding the following to the ServerLayout section should
28 fix this:
29 Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
30
31 To the OP, glad your Xorg is working now. In the future I suggest you
32 look for and post relevant sections of your Xorg log file, as that is
33 most likely where the issue will be viewable.