From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Machine completely broken; Ncursed!
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 00:06:35
1 On Saturday 11 April 2015 10:22:09 Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > Right now my system is completely unusable and will need fresh stage3
4 > packages followed by an emerge emptytree to recover. But before I can do
5 > that, I need a sane profile and to know that the person who pushed out
6 > the changes to portage, obviously without any testing whatsoever, that
7 > broke my system so comprehensively is tortured, executed, butchered, and
8 > then cremated.
9
10 Why don't you just start again from scratch, following the official docs? You
11 don't need to override every little setting; portage knows best, just like
12 your Ma. Use the force...
15 Rgds
16 Peter