From: Vesselin Mladenov <veselinm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with php and sablotron solved.
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:54:24
1 Hi,
2 A couple of hours ago I posted here about a problem with php and
3 sablotron. I have solved the problem, but I am posting here my (may be
4 a bit dirty) solution - someone may save a couple of long hours.
5 The problem was that php-4.4.2, for no obvious reason, does not
6 detect that sablotron is properly compied with encoding. The result is
7 that xslt_set_enconding() wrapper function is not compiled in php.
8 This detections is made at configure time: php checks if two code
9 sniplets containing SablotSetEncoding and SablotGetOptions can be
10 compiled and linked against libsablot. If php finds one of the
11 functions it defines in php_config.h HAVE_SABLOT_SET_CONFIG and
12 HAVE_SABLOT_GET_OPTIONS macros respectively.
13
14 I have verified carefully that sablotron has his SablotSetEncoding and
15 SablotGetOptions compiled in, existing as symbols in libsablot.so and
16 usable. So the next time I tried to emerged php I started it with:
17
18 CPPFLAGS="-DHAVE_SABLOT_SET_ENCODING=1 -DHAVE_SABLOT_GET_OPTIONS=1" \
19 emerge php
20
21 The configure script did not detect the functions properly again, but
22 the compiler was forsed to compile xslt_set_encoding() and
23 xslt_get_options() php functions.
24
25 I confess that this solution is far from being clean, but still it
26 works and may do a good job as a workarround, especially when your
27 vacation has already started.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list