From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] init id c5 response too fast disabled for 5 min
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:18:27
1 please see <https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/SMART_tests_with_smartctl> for information on using the drives built in test.  please run the short test followed by conveyance and then the long test (can be over an hour)  and show us the output if it complains.  it could be a normal aging bad sector, which will be remapped the next time it's written to (hopefully).  if the drive passes all the smart test you can probably reformat the flakey partition (or possibly just run fsck until it doesn't have problems).  The original error message about the interrupt line however suggest a problem somewhere.
2
3 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
4 --
5 God bless the rich, the greedy and the corrupt politicians they have put into office.   God bless them for helping me do the right thing by giving the rich my little pile of cash.  After all, the rich know what to do with money.
8 31. Dec 2017 00:28 by thelma@×××××××××××.com:
11 > I boot-strap the system from CD and run:
12 > fsck /dev/sda5
13 >
14 > got bunch of errors eg.:
15 > Directories count wrong for group #1567 (1, counted=0).
16 > Fix? yes
17 >
18 > Free inodes count wrong for group #1568 (8073, counted=8192).
19 > Fix? yes
20 >
21 > Directories count wrong for group #1568 (1, counted=0).
22 > Fix? yes
23 >
24 > Free inodes count wrong for group #1569 (8103, counted=8192).
25 > Fix? yes
26 >
27 > Directories count wrong for group #1569 (7, counted=0).
28 > Fix? yes
29 >
30 > Now when try to run it again I get:
31 > fsck /dev/sda5
32 > Segmentation fault
33 >
34 > Is this partition/drive gone?
35 > <<<<<<<snip>>>>>>
36 > Joseph
40 >> 30. Dec 2017 23:32 by >> thelma@×××××××××××.com>> :
43 >>> I'm getting a strange error trying to boot my system.
44 >>>
45 >>> init id c5 response too fast disabled for 5 min
46 >>>
47 >>> the error appears right after when it to start mysql at boot.
48 >>> In addition when the system starts I see:
49 >>>
50 >>> ata4.00 failed command read DMA
51 >>>
52 >>> It is hart to post any information as I can not even boot the system. I
53 >>> just took a video trying to see if I can read any relevant information.
54 >>> Though, I can boot strap the system via CD
55 >>>
56 >>> --
57 >>> Joseph