From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: openrc fails
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:56:43
1 On 10/10/2010 03:17 AM, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
2 > I have A problem on my gentoo server (but not my gentoo laptop, which is
3 > bizzare as they together have the same release of system basic packages !).
4 >
5 > At launching default runlevel, several services appear to be not launched
6 > whereas they are ! This concerns proftpd, mysql and console-kit (and all
7 > services dependant of course).
8 >
9 > For exemple, when launching proftpd, openrc says :
10 >
11 > * Starting ProFTPD ...
12 > * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/proftpd is already running
13 > [ !! ]
14 > * ERROR: proftpd failed to start
15 >
16 > mysql :
17 > * "/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid" is still present and the process is running.
18 > * Please stop it "kill 5478" maybe ?
19 > [ !! ]
20 > * ERROR: mysql failed to start
21 >
22 > I have set :
23 > rc_parallel="NO"
24 > rc_depend_strict="YES"
25 >
26 > Anyone have an idea where to start to solve the problem ?
27
28 When you stop the machine do you see any messages about services that fail
29 to stop? Any reason to suspect that those *.pid files don't get deleted?
30
31 You could try booting into single-user mode to see if those *.pid files
32 really are still there from the previous session.
33
34 Do the two machines run the same version of baselayout?