From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML5 player (YouTube) is a pain!...Alternatives?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 07:36:03
1 Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr> [16-11-29 08:16]:
2 > On Tue Nov 29 07:42:16 2016, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
4 > > a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
5 > > not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > Yes, you can play video from youtube with mpv if you have emerged
10 > net-misc/youtube-dl.
11 >
12 > --
13 > alarig
14
15 Hi Alarig,
16
17 thanks for your help! :)
18
19 yes...I know...but this implies (as far as I know):
20 Copying the url from FF as argument to youtube-dl,
21 downloading the file, and than watching it.
22 This was my (painful) workaround the last days.
23
24 I woyld like something like:
25 Click on youtube-url, a window (console) pops up
26 and starts <fill in something> to watch the video
27 directly.
28
29 Is it possible somehow?
30