From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] zoom?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:05:27
1 On 25/3/20 8:16 pm, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > On mer. 25 mars 11:51:33 2020, Jorge Almeida wrote:
3 >> Did someone try to install zoom? (relevant to many people during the
4 >> current crisis)
5 >>
6 >> https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Installing-Zoom-on-Linux
7 >>
8 >> I downloaded an archive (cannot find the URL again; the site is that
9 >> bad) and the directory doesn't even contain a REDME...)
10 >>
11 >> Jorge Almeida
14 > Why didn’t you try net-im/zoom?
17 n.b. Another poster here, not Jorge
18 ***********************************
19
20 Wasn't there yesterday morning, 24/3, if memory serves. It was in an
21 overlay which I dragged local then installed. I subsequently went to the
22 local 'puter shop and got laughed at when I asked for a webcam :) They
23 wouldn't even sell me the display models. Have now installed it on a
24 bare bones Win10 running lappy that has camera/mic built in. Appears to
25 work as advertised - don't know about the sneaky stuff, reporting back
26 to base, thought.
27
28 Andrew