From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I in trouble now?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:58:54
1 Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 21:22:23 CET schrieb Marc Joliet:
2 > Of course, that doesn't mean that things are correct on your end, though.
3 > On one of my computers, checksec does say "PIE enabled". Maybe you should
4 > try compiling something else and verifying it. After all, there's probably
5 > a reason why the "emerge -e @world" bit doesn't exclude any of the packages
6 > previously rebuilt. I'll try to verify that on my desktop, though
7
8 Just to follow up on this, I've now done everything except the "emerge -e
9 @world" step on my desktop, which shows "No PIE" for /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-
10 gnu-g++, but "PIE enabled" for /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/binutils-bin/2.29.1/ld
11 (part of binutils, which was rebuilt *after* gcc). So try checking that if
12 you want to be sure (and haven't done your own verification in the meantime).
13
14 HTH
15 --
16 Marc Joliet
17 --
18 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
19 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup