From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dbus and hal problems
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:01:43
1 On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:57:20 +0200
2 Cahn Roger <rcahn@×××××××××××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I'm with thunar and xfce.
7 > I can't bring up cdrom or cdrw when I put in
8 > a cd or dvd. I must do it with a terminal, and then
9 > I get an icone on the desktop and it works well.
10 >
11 > In contrary, the usb-key works normally and an icone
12 > appears on the desktop and I can read what is in it.
13 >
14 > In ps -e I have hald, hald-runner and hald-addon-acpi
15 > but not hald-addon-stor
16 > This last one appears after mounting a cd, dvd or key-usb.
17 > It remains even after I have cd or key removed.
18 > But it disappears after reboot.
19 >
20 > How can I get hald-addon-stor remaining in ps -e?
21 > Thanks for your help.
22 > Roger
25 I have "/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,ro,user 0 0" in
26 my "/etc/fstab" and everything works fine. I think (not sure) one needs
27 a directory called "/media" in order this auto-detection/mounting stuff
28 to work
32 Best regards,
33 Daniel
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list