From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pppd and adsl
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:35:39
1 On Sunday 23 April 2006 22:45, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > > (1) Why rp-pppoe is deprecated?
3 >
4 > ppp included the pppoe-plugin known from rp-pppoe. the pppoe-plugin
5 > uses the kernel-mode PPPoE. There is no need for rp-pppoe anymore,
6 > because ppp offers everything needed.
7
8 Aah I see! Thanks for correcting me. :)
9
10 Anyway, so a related query.. My internet connection has a habit of
11 getting disconnected every six hours. Does the kernel mode PPPoE
12 automatically reconnect properly? Well, if it doesn't, how do I start
13 and stop the connection at will? Restart the init script?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Mrugesh