From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is VLAN configuration manual section up to date?
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 05:31:30
1 On 4 February 2014 22:27:03 CET, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Are the VLAN configuration docs up to date?
3 >
4 >http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=3#doc_chap10
5 >
6 >The reason I ask is that the Gentoo docs talk about using vconfig,
7 >while other distros have dropped vconfig and now use the ip2route
8 >packages 'ip' command instead:
9 >
10 > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VLAN
11 >
12 >Does Gentoo not have issues with udev trying to automagically rename
13 >vlan network interfaces as described in the Arch Linux page?
14 >
15 >http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VLAN#udev_renames_the_virtual_devices
16 >
17 >--
18 >Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I am a jelly
19 >donut.
20 > at I am a jelly donut.
21 > gmail.com
22
23 Grant,
24
25 I disabled the udev device name randomizer to ensure I keep the eth* names. (I use bonding for the interfaces, don't care about the names as long as they all end up in the same bond)
26
27 For the VLANs, I used the examples in the net.example file in the document folder.
28 It's somewhere in /usr/doc/net..../ (I think. No access to a gentoo install atm)
29
30 I think the documentation you pointed at is out-of-date as I don't have to do it like that.
33 Joost
36 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.