From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Amorok and getting started.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:44:02
1 On Wednesday 25 October 2006 17:49, Dale wrote:
2 > I have never done any of this before. Somehow, likely by mistake, I got
3 > one CD copied over and can play off the hard drive. I have no idea how
4 > I did this really. I need someone on or off list to teach me how to get
5 > the music off the CD, get it into Amarok so I get get this going. This
6 > looks really cool.
7 >
8 > If whoever can help me uses MySql instead, I would be willing to install
9 > it, especially if it is better. I only want to do CDs. I have a lousy
10 > dial-up connection here.
11
12 By default amarok uses a built-in copy of SQlite, so you don't really need MySQL unless
13 you use it for something else. Postgres is not supported. Rip your CDs with k3b.
14
15 HTH
16 -Robin.
17 --