From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VPN vs LAN address hostname resolution
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:36:41
1 On 05/22/13 12:36, Samuraiii wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am trying to get hostname address resolution on my LAN and VPN with
5 > one serious problem:
6 > I have two "networks" eg. 10.1.1.0 and 10.2.2.0 which are representing
7 > local address space for LAN (10.1.1.0/8) and VPN address space (10.2.2.0/8).
8
9 This isn't two networks, it's one network and you've got the VPN space
10 overlapping the LAN space. To oversimplify a little, Don't Do That.
11
12 Use a separate subnet for the VPN. Then traffic to the VPN will be
13 routed over the VPN interface as intended, but traffic to the LAN will
14 be routed over the LAN interface. This is what you want, but right now
15 the VPN and the LAN are the same network, so "routing to the LAN" is the
16 same as "routing to the VPN", and your network stack doesn't know what
17 to do with it.