From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Google calendar notifications in XFCE?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:38:21
1 On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:19:38 +0000 (UTC)
2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I've done a bit of googling trying to figure out how to get Google
5 > calendar notifications to display on an XFCE desktop, and haven't
6 > found much.
7 >
8 > I've found a few descriptions of how to get notifications using Gnome
9 > Shell or Evolution [don't have/want], and how to get notifications
10 > when you have the chrome browser running [rarely do].
11 >
12 > I also found http://sourceforge.net/p/googsystray, but it seems to be
13 > abandoned and hasn't worked on Linux platforms for a year or two. I
14 > also noticed that the web page says "you will, of course, need to have
15 > a system tray" [AFAIK, I don't].
16 >
17 > Does anybody know of any other options for getting Google calendar
18 > notifications on an XFCE desktop?
19
20 Maybe app-office/orage would do what you need, not sure.