From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] two columns in 'equery uses package'
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:16:41
1 Here is the output from 'equery uses cdrtools':
2
3 [ Searching for packages matching cdrtools... ]
4 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
5 [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from make.conf
6 ]
7 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
8 [ Found these USE variables for app-cdr/cdrtools-2.01-r3 ]
9 U I
10 - - on-the-fly-crypt : On the fly AES encryption for CD-Rs.
11 + + unicode : Adds support for Unicode
12
13 If I'm reading this right, the purpose of the two columns (U) and (I)
14 is to determine if the package you have installed has the same USE
15 flags set as those specified in make.conf. Is that right?
16
17 - Grant
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list