From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext4 inline data
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:20:54
1 On Mar 29, 2013 8:49 PM, "Florian Philipp" <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi list!
4 >
5 > I noticed that beginning with kernel 3.8, ext4 can store small files
6 > entirely inside the inode. But I couldn't find much additional
7 information:
8 >
9 > - Is the improvement automatically enabled?
10 >
11 > - Is the change backwards compatible? Can I still read such files with
12 > kernel 3.7?
13 >
14 > - Can current stable e2fsprogs (especially e2fsck) handle this?
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance!
17 > Florian Philipp
20 My question would be: Will it introduce a significant advantage to my
21 situation, so much so that I'm willing to live with the obvious drawbacks?
22
23 Rgds,