From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to automate rsync of updated portage tree across multiple boxes without each having to pull it down from a gentoo mirror
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:09:54
1 I've got three PCs. I want to only have to have one run emerge --sync,
2 but for the box running the emerge --sync to be able to rsync the tree
3 to the other two boxes automatically (like in the middle of the night
4 while I'm asleep). Is there a way to do this? The problem with my
5 theories on how to do this fall apart when I get to the part where a
6 password has to be entered for rsync/scp. I used to do this with NFS,
7 but the box that will be running emerge --sync has a history of locking
8 up if there is more than one semi-heavy process going on it at a time,
9 so I want each box to have its own copy of the tree. Is there a way to
10 do this?