From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice needed regarding udisks
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:21:09
1 On 24/08/13 08:39, Grant wrote:
2 >>>> Just saying you should be using `udisksctl` command instead of the now
3 >>>> obsolete `udisks` command
4 >>>>
5 >>>> udisksctl command = new udisks 2
6 >>>> udisks command = old udisks 1
7 >>>
8 >>> OK, but first I need to figure out how to get gvfs to use udisks instead
9 >>> of gdu.
10 >>
11 >> by emerging gnome-base/gvfs from ~arch with USE="udev udisks"
12 >>
13 >> the stable gnome-base/gvfs is not compatible with UDisks 2.1
14 >>
15 >> but by upgrading gnome-base/gvfs on stable to ~arch version with USE="udev
16 >> udisks" is then again not compatible all the way with GNOME 2.x, so that's
17 >> why it's still in ~arch
18 >
19 > If I keyword gvfs I get into trouble because gobject-introspection
20 > wants <dev-libs/glib-2.33 and gvfs wants >=dev-libs/glib-2.36.
21 >
22 > - Grant
25 So?
26
27 Obviously I meant to say 'keyword gvfs *and it's dependencies* from
28 ~arch if you want to use USE="udev udisks"'
29
30 So that means bunch gobject-introspection, gobject-introspection-common,
31 glib, and likely some others too, Portage will them you about them