From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Postfix config and update
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 10:36:08
1 I've just had emerge telling me it wants to trash my postfix config :-)
2
3 I'm not sure whether my setup is actually using it, I use dovecot to
4 deliver my mail, but is there any way I can stop random updates trying
5 to trash my local changes? I'm rubbish at merging updates, and last time
6 I tried I think the result was a complete mess.
7
8 And I said I use dovecot to deliver mail - that takes a leaf out of the
9 systemd book and has a master config file pointing to a local config
10 file. Any updates to dovecot don't touch the local file, and don't touch
11 my local settings.
12
13 Can I do anything similar for postfix?
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol