From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ipw3945d no longer starting when wifi switch is set to on with udev-103 (without coldplug now)
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 04:22:20
1 On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
2
3 > Hello everyone,
4 >
5 > I updated my system and the new udev-103 didn't like coldplug (since it
6 > is now able to do it itself). My problem is that now
7 > ipw3945d is no longer started when I switch on the wifi switch on my
8 > laptop, like it was when coldplug was installed. Any
9 > ideas on how to achieve this functionality now?
10
11 I'm using the testing ipw3945d.
12
13 I put the init script in my boot runlevel, but I think the magical way of
14 doing it (which I'm going to test next time I boot this computer) is to
15 put in /etc/conf.d/net:
16
17 RC_NEED_{iface}=ipw3945d
18
19 AFAICT, this will cause net.{iface} to first start ipw3945d.
20
21 -Daniel
22 *This .sig left intentionally blank*
23 --