From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re:[SOLVED] [gentoo-user] Clickless screenshot...how?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:32:20
1 On 07/29 07:17, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Ühel kenal päeval, L, 29.07.2017 kell 13:20, kirjutas tuxic@××××××.de:
3 > > The task is already accomplished :) with a mixture of WM-based
4 > > hotkey definitions and a delayed commandline utility (main,scrot,
5 > > imagemagick).
6 > > Addtionally I dont think that my X11 uses framebuffer (not shure
7 > > about that, though)...
8 >
9 > Those tools work by using an inherent X11 security hole by reading out
10 > the root window, it's not relevant to framebuffer in the kernel sense.
11 >
12 > Note that you can't use a global shortcut key in X11 while a typical
13 > right click context menu is open, because these take a X11 grab and
14 > even screen lock can't activate.. Then only the delay approach will
15 > work (if desired then together with a shortcut if the shortcut key is
16 > hit before opening the context menu). Fortunately in this case you only
17 > wanted a dropdown in firefox, which isn't implemented like that.
18 > This popup menu problem is solved with Wayland (most importantly the
19 > not screenlocking aspect of it), but so is the root window security
20 > hole, so the compositor/WM needs to take the screenshot and tools like
21 > import/scrot won't work.
24 Hi Mart,
25
26 THAT is interesting, thanks a lot...didn't know that.
27 On the other hand "security holes" make me nervous somehow...
28
29 Cheers
30 Meino