From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] read errors mapping "/profiles/ChangeLog" (in gentoo-portage)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:25:02
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 19 October 2008 09:06:23 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I did a sync earlier and noticed this little message scroll by:
7 >>
8 >> WARNING: profiles/ChangeLog failed verification -- update discarded
9 >> (will try again).
10 >> rsync: read errors mapping "/profiles/ChangeLog" (in gentoo-portage):
11 >> Stale NFS file handle (116)
12 >>
13 >> Anybody else get that? Portage seems to work fine, downloading java
14 >> right now and OOo for the rest of the week. Just curious if someone
15 >> should know about this or not.
18 > Check bugzilla. If there is something wrong with the tree, it's likely already
19 > reported and fixed. You probably synced while an update to that part of the
20 > tree was going on - happens to me about once a year (i.e. not very often)
21 >
22 > The error itself is harmless, it's just a ChangeLog file. So by rights therest
23 > of portage and the tree should continue to work just fine.
27 Sort of what I thought. Everything is working just fine but if I see it
28 again, same file, then I'll check into it more closely.
29
30 I guess with a tree as big as Gentoo has, someone is messing with one or
31 more files about all the time. Bound to catch one on occasion I guess.
32 < shrugs >
33
34 Dale
35