From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving to xorg-x11-7.0 (Modular X)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:43:08
1 On Thursday 09 March 2006 03:28, Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Moving to xorg-x11-7.0 (Modular X)':
3 > On Thursday 09 March 2006 07:49, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
4 > > emerge -pvt is giving confusing results;
5 > > basically saying that virtual-x11 is coming in because of packages
6 > > which don't even have an optional dependency on X. :( I tried using
7 > > equery g, but that actually says the packages I'm trying to bring in
8 > > /won't/ need virtual/x11-6.8.
9 >
10 > AFAICT equery detects compile time dependencies (DEPEND) and run time
11 > depencies (RDEPEND) but not post dependencies (PDEPEND). So I think you
12 > need to look for PDEPEND in the ebuilds manually.
13
14 This, I did not know. I will look into it.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list