From: Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox/Conky acting up
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:13:27
1 On 1/20/07, Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 1/20/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > On Friday 19 January 2007 21:28, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
5 > > > On 1/19/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > > > What you probably need is a line like:
8 > > > > ============================================
9 > > > > kill -HUP conky
10 > > > > ============================================
11 > > > > after your 'exec /usr/bin/conky &' entry in .fluxbox/startup.
12 > > > >
13 > > > > Alternatively,
14 > > > > ============================================meant to be
15 > > > > kill -HUP `echo ${SOME_THING} | cut -d ':' -f 2`
16 > > > > ============================================
17 > > > > may do the trick but only if 'SOME_THING' is an environment variable for
18 > > > > conky, which may or may not exist. If it doesn't exist then you need a
19 > > > > string which will source the conky PID from ps. I haven't such a string
20 > > > > available here, but I recall seeing something in Google.
21 > >
22 > > > I've solved the problem by taking your suggestion further. I've added
23 > > >
24 > > > pkill -HUP conky
25 > > >
26 > > > to my startup file, before starting Conky. That does the trick as far as I
27 > > > can tell.
28 > >
29 > > Try adding it after the start fluxbox line. Then it should kill it when
30 > > fluxbox exits.
33 > Never thought of it that way, but I will give ti a try.
36 > > PS. Your English is perfect and so would be your netiquette, especially if you
37 > > posted messages in plain text only! ;-)
40 > That's a problem I have. Can I configure Gmail to send plain text?
41
42 Never mind that, I was just being idiotic thinking it was some sort of
43 hack. The link in the formatting bar had completely eluded me for
44 years.
45
46 Vlad
49 > > --
50 > > Regards,
51 > > Mick
59 > --
60 > How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
61 > Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.
66 How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
67 Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.
68 --
69 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list