From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DVD:rip problem
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:14:58
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm using DVD:rip on a Mepis/Debian installation with no problem. I don't
4 remeber exactly the versions of DVD:rip and transcode, but it just plain
5 works.
6
7 On my new Gentoo install DVD:rip starts OK, but then all goes wrong: ripping
8 fails with message "could not read this frame", then transcode simply won't
9 work with any codec (but this may just mean it can't handle what's been
10 ripped).
11
12 Ad mentioned, ripping and encoding works with Mepis (same DVD, same drives,
13 same hardware). Any idea what could be wrong?
14
15 Thierry
18 The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
19 capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
20 safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
21 Frank Zappa
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list