From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice and openldap
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 09:05:33
1 > On 2018-07-25, at 04:41, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > Those are all kdepim packages, I run KDE without KMail and the only
4 > package that depends on openldap is LO.
7 Same here. I have global USE "-ldap -openldap" (shouldn't the latter be fixed in dev-libs/cyrus-sasl ?). There is no way to avoid OpenLDAP when LibreOffice is installed. On my system this is the only package calling for it.
8
9 app-office/libreoffice-6.0.5.2-r1 (net-nds/openldap)
10
11 I did find that LibreOffice has one file that needs it:
12
13 $ readelf -d /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libldapbe2lo.so
14
15 Dynamic section at offset 0xed10 contains 35 entries:
16 Tag Type Name/Value
17 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libldap-2.4.so.2]
18
19 This stands for LDAP backend (2), a plugin that does that. Seems to be loaded on demand at runtime (using the component registry), and otherwise should be removable but that would need a patch. Maybe it's just to remove this line prior to building?
20
21 https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/blob/5a74884e7da4c497c4ea714bf84d62b55ed82cfe/Repository.mk#L395
22
23 Andrew