From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD: Video->Yes, Audio-> But actor can be heard speaking!
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:37:46
1 On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 05:08:24PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've got a mysterious (at least to me ;) effect on system:
5 > When playing DVDs with different players (vlc/mplayer)
6 > video and audio seem to be ok.
7 > With one exception:
8 > I only /see/ the actors moving their mouths...there his
9 > not a single voice audible.
10 > Background sound and everything else is fine.
11 >
12 > I tried to increase the volume of "all suspicious"
13 > levels of alsamixer and checked for muted channels
14 > but no success.
15 >
16 > I recompiled mplayer and vlc -- no effect.
17
18 Sounds like your channel mixing is misconfigured. Unfortunately I can
19 only give you that pointer, but not how to dereference it. ;-)
20 The player thinks you have some kind of surround system, so you only
21 hear two out of x channels.
22 --
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
24 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
25
26 Dyslexics of the world, untie!