From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:51:39
1 Jorge Almeida ha scritto:
2 > I'm about to dump Firefox, because I can't google in English. The thing
3 > doesn't let me choose the language, and I'm tired of getting useless
4 > Brazilian links. Yes, I know about the settings, I already deleted the
5 > google.pt cookie, but it's no use. I don't know, nor care, whose fault
6 > it is (Google's, firefox's or mine, for not having telepathic gifts), I
7 > just won't let anyone choose for me.
8 >
9 > So, the point is: what browser now? Firefox is the one more often
10 > mentioned in this list. How about Konqueror or Opera? The latter is
11 > hardly ever mentioned. Is there some special reason for this? For
12 > example, is it activelly maintained? Is it missing some particular
13 > feature? It looks nice enough, but is there some catch? And Konqueror? I
14 > already use KDE, so that's not an issue.
15 >
16 > I would appreciate your opinions.
19 Maybe it's me being dense, and I see you are very determined, but: many
20 people in this 3d has suggested you *how* to google in English with FF.
21 I have no special love for FF (although I use it), but all the hassle of
22 changing browser, getting accustomed, missing extensions you liked etc.
23 shouldn't be solved by simply changing your homepage to an english
24 google homepage of those that has been suggested?
25
26 I just can't get it, sorry. :)
27 It seems to me you want to kill a mosquito with an atomic bomb.
28
29 m.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list