From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] <OT> The Real Darkside...
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 19:35:34
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 20:03, Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > My son, all of thirteen years old, the master of all he surveys, the
3 > supreme keeper of all knowledge of the known and unknown universes, the
4 > pinultimate ruler of mankind... Has "asked" me to put Linux on his desktop
5 > computer...
6 >
7 > It seems he has become weary of maintaining/re-installed his beloved XP...
8 >
9 > Life is good.
10 >
11 > Cheers, Jerry
12 >
13 > P.S. the next to be converted beneath my humble roof is my wife... Stay
14 > tuned.
15
16 From different statistics published in the web I have noticed a correlation
17 between an increase in the uptake of Linux and:
18
19 a) Major M$Windoze virus or trojan breakouts.
20 b) Launch of new M$Windoze OS variants (e.g. Win98 --> Win2k, or Win2k -->
21 WinXP).
22
23 where (b) above appears to be more significant in forcing people to reconsider
24 their options. Since I refuse point blank to pay for Vista, I'd like to see
25 that my wife is going to do within the next couple of years, he, he! ;-)
26
27 Although she promised that when the NTFS drivers for Linux are developed
28 adequately to allow her to work on her NTFS stored data from both OS, she
29 will make an effort to migrate. Let's see . . .
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick