From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 200MB waste from /usr/share/locale ?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:24:52
1 On 11/25/2011 04:28 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Hello!
5 > It seems that /usr/share/locale is keeping files for many languages not
6 > of any use to me: around 200MB in total.
7 >
8 > Is there a way to configure this away that I am not aware of?
9
10 There was a thread a few months ago about this problem. Apparently
11 quite a few packages ignore any LC settings and just install all of
12 their *.mo files every time.
13
14 Someone recommended app-admin/localepurge, which removes them after
15 installation. Reclaims hundreds of MB when I run it every month or
16 so.